Wednesday 1 May 2013

Wonderful stuff #2

I didn't really do anything exciting or entertaining in April (apart from continuing my Eurovision obsession to get me in the mood for next week) but it's definitely been a good month, mostly due to the fact we're FINALLY getting a bit of sunshine. I've even managed to get out and about a bit with my two gorgeous boys, even though we've still had a few layers on, but anything's got to be better than sitting around under blankets and moping... right?

Can we have more warmer days in May please?

Shopping

It's fair to say that the last few months have been stupidly cold. I've been packing for my forthcoming jaunt over to the land of the Scandics but, having seen weather reports for both here and there, I've had to buy a couple of extras just in case. (And, speaking of Scandinavia, all the following are from Sweden's own H&M. Well, I just had to.)


(Yes, I do like Swedish clothing. How did you guess?)

Rejoicing

When Margaret Thatcher snuffed it at the beginning of April, literally everyone in the North of England celebrated. Some held street parties in celebration of her death whilst others downloaded Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead to try and get it to number one, much to the annoyance of the BBC, who decided not to play it if it charted. It got to number two and, in its place, we got a news report with a little bit of the song playing instead.

PS: Don't tell me who I can and can't like. Margaret Thatcher was one of the most hated figures in Liverpool after her cover-up of the Hillsborough Disaster and she was pretty much disliked by the people of Yorkshire as well, having done her part in the miners' strike of the '80s. She made most people's lives a misery, so now she can rot in hell.

Listening

Whilst everyone's been obsessing over the new Daft Punk song, I've been getting my groove on to the Canadian legend that is Michael Bublé. I downloaded his new album the other week and I can't get enough of it. I actually have most of his albums on my iPod and he never fails to cheer me up when I'm feeling down. What more could a girl ask for?


Tweeting

April was the month where one particular cretin called Old Holborn was outed by several scousers after he tweeted nasty abuse about Hillsborough and the murder of James Bulger. He picked on the wrong city and subsequently deleted his Twitter account, only to reappear a few days later, tweeting more abuse towards Liverpool and the people of our great city.

Idiot.

Other recent highlights from April include the following:
  • The one I tweeted about double derby day on Sunday. I'll be missing the Merseyside derby at Anfield for the second consecutive season, this time due to Sky faffing around with fixtures, and my second team, FC Copenhagen, take on their big rivals (who shall remain nameless) in the New Firm derby. I'll probably be over there by then anyway.
  • Tweets about Eurovision. Again.
  • Sale Sharks rugby union player, Danny Cipriani, getting battered by a bus and me tweeting Yhe Wheels On The Bus after hearing about it.
  • Tranmere's new away kit being modelled on a Vileda kitchen cloth having announced their new sponsor as Home Bargains. Classic.
  • The #playersonthesuarezmenu hashtag. Need I say more?

Finally, my favourite tweets of April go to...
And that's it. More of the same in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment